Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Lord of the (f)lies

I believe there is no such thing as a corrupt-free society. Even when we strive for it. Because the people that run the society are only humans. And humans will always be motivated by personal gains.

This week our case study centered on ethics. According to my Oxford Mini Dictionary and Thesaurus:

ethic n. 1 a moral principle or framework. 2 (ethics) moral principles.

moral adj. concerned with right and wrong behaviour.

principle n. beliefs governing your actions and personal behaviour.

...which is flawed in its definition simply because different people have different definitions of what is right and wrong depending on their influences and how they have been brought up and exposed to society.

It's a pointless argument. There will always be unethical behavior as defined by each individual. And because of that there will always be corrupt practices. What should be the focus is covering up loopholes in which these people will always try to manipulate.

2 comments:

  1. I believe that in some cases, PR has to be unethical. I have a few of my friends working in a PR firms and each time we meet up, they'll fill me in with stories about how they have to be unethical to keep the accounts.

    It's something like give and take. There is nothing like a pure, ethical PR company. As far as I know.

    Tragic eh?

    ReplyDelete